03 January 2014

Sock Wrist Bands




Sewing the holes in favorite socks is a way of dealing with not being ready or willing to let them go in the trash or dust rag bin. When you are ready to let go, cut the tops off to make wrist bands

Gather up all the stuff you might need in a neat basket. Its more fun that way when you don't have to deal with the stress of...where did I put that...or...it was here the other day.

Try different designs or go random as you feel like it with what's handy.





Cut the top section off a pair of old socks at the length you want.


Sew a stretch piece to fold over the raw edge.
Be careful to stretch the sock and the material in order to not bind up the stretchability of the band.





 



I chose random decoration.

For sketching with pencil or charcoal, this fun wrist band will provide protection, a comfy wrist and a bit of fancy fun.

4 comments:

  1. how pretty and toasty too, I'll bet, great idea with Sadie chewing the odd sock.. love,Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana,
      I hope you are staying warm and cozy with all the snow outside.
      You are right, they are toasty. I wore one this morning, and when I took it off, I notice a slight chill.

      Delete
  2. Maywyn - these look fabulous...so pretty and such a creative idea to reuse socks. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie,
    Thank you.
    I hope you give them a try.
    Its relaxing to make them.

    ReplyDelete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated