Pages

Poetry

27 January 2014

Happy Chocolate Cake Day

Alas, I have no chocolate cake picture. A few years ago the first time I posted about this quirky holiday, I had a photo. Thinking where...on the old computer. Instead, here's a piece of my gluten free birthday cake with chocolate frosting that I brought home. I still think about that cake it was so good.

This is the last Monday of January, a month that has flown by fast. February, the shortest month of the year, I'm anticipating will go by more slowly. Umbrella Day is 10 February, a favorite holiday around here that will have pictures, links and a bit of a party.

Valentine's Day is less than 3 week away!

4 comments:

  1. Is your birthday recently ? I also love gluten and wheat free cake-the frozen ones from Wegman's-can't beat 'em. But thankfully, we don't get them only once a year. I don't eat much sugar, so I'd be tempted too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debra,
      No birthday recently. The photo of the homemade cake is an old picture (like me lol).
      I'll keep a look out for Wegman's gluten free cake. The Kind Arthur Flour chocolate cake mix was recommended to me recently,
      http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/gluten-free-chocolate-cake-mix

      Delete
  2. that sounds like my kind of day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hena,
      Chocolate is good almost every day.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated