30 December 2013

Squirrel Sarcasm?

Why would a squirrel with a peanut packed in its mouth found some place else, terrorize my patio screen in a frenzy of climbing up and down as if he or she is trapped? Dizzy with joy to have a nut? Show and tell? Squirrel sarcasm?

The squirrel ran away after finding a way down via the snow shovel, but not before posing the back of its tail at me for a statement moment. Oh, surely that is squirrel sarcasm.
Adding that tale to my list of not forgotten the stories I began writing several years ago that begins with the squirrel jumping back and forth in the hedgerow to taunt the dogs in the yard next door.  (Its hilarious to watch.) Brainstorming the idea soon became bogged down with decisions. Ugh.

When a good idea comes along, one you have experienced from real life especially, write it all down without editing. Let if flow. Be spontaneous. Have fun. Then sketch the illustrations with the same enthusiasm leaving nothing out because you think it looks stupid. Stupid can be charming and add life to a story.
From my Thrown of Recluse, I've watched a lot of squirrel antics. And even though I know the squirrels change from year to year either by leaving for other neighborhoods, via hawk or not crossing in a crosswalk— a moment of sob here — I blend their personalities into the next squirrel seamlessly because they pretty much act the same with similar attitudes.
Gathering up the finish files of the past twelve months, 2014 looks to be cushioned with fun.

6 comments:

  1. Aww-you're silly! Meeting you is a great blessing to me-so glad we are computer blog pals! Hey-I love lima beans-did you ever make peace with them?! Happy New Year, Maywin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra,
      Happy New Year to You and Yours!
      Thank you for the nice words.
      I'm almost there with the lima beans. As soon as the images from my four year oldish brain fades, I'll make complete peace with lima beans.lol

      Delete
  2. LOL to the squirrel ...he was annoyed with you for some reason only a squirrel would know.... I think they are cute and entertaining and I feel sad to see so many dead on the roads. I agree with writing things down or draw them as they happen....it keeps our memory of the happening sharp and good inspiration to draw upon at a later date. Happy New Year. I do hope 2014 will be a happy and creative year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dee,
    Happy New Year to You and Yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Maywyn - your squirrel is too cute...also you got me laughing at the vision of his tale...does sound like a bit of squirrel sarcasm. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Debbie
      I always enjoy your comments.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated