12 November 2013

Soup Season Begins

After reading about baked apples on the blog, View from Harmony Hills, I decided to make one for my morning meal, Sunday brunch thing. I boil the core minus the stem parts and seeds in cinnamon water to use as a flavor base for soup. The final taste tells me I forgot the garlic as well a flavor. Garnishing with feta cheese and fresh chopped parsley helps.

I was going for a plain vegetable soup (carrot, celery, onion, butternut squash, seasoning, and rice), and it was a success for a watery rice, but not a hearty soup. Today I'll add spinach, diced tomatoes, and more seasoning. There's a lot left in the refrigerator to tweak.

The baked apple saves the meal as its a superb partner with the soup.

2 comments:

  1. sounds yummy.. ohh..so yummy.love,Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana,
      It has tasted better today.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated