05 October 2013

Do Solar Panels Need to Be Blue?

I set out early to check out the Dead Creek Wildlife Refuge area for snow or Canada geese, whoever shows up. Alas, nary a bird in sight, not even a sparrow or a crow.

Instead, I took photographs of the landscape. I have sketches for reference when there were hundreds of snow geese in 1998 (later in October).

What do I spy in the sky on the way home on Route 22? Geese! What concerns me is they are moving away from the wildlife refuge. I wonder after seeing a flock pull a 180ยบ near a solar power station, if the blue solar panels gives geese a false position on water. Maybe solar panels need to be brown or green instead of fool-the-geese water blue if the solar panel farms interfere with geese navigation paths.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated