19 August 2013

Years Gone By

Going back a year or so to the day is fun.
These are photographs from 19 August 2011.
Searching through picture folders, suddenly I realize how much sky, flowers and bees dominate. And, it sticks out that I rarely go anywhere far from where I live. No matter, here is beautiful.



There were many gladiolas in my small 2011 garden. Alas, pollen allergy issues makes the garden more green than colorful this year. And, I didn't plant as usual because the renovations that were suppose to begin in this month (that haven't) , would most likely put the plants in the way.


I call this cloud, The Old Man in the Cloud picture. I see a curly haired bearded man with round cheeks looking down at the Earth below.
Overall, this year compared to the same date in 2011, flowers were more advanced in size and bloom. My small garden had a lot of color. The morning glories were reaching up rather high compared to barely up there this year.


The beautiful flower on the right is one of my favorite photographs of a zinnia.It will be a watercolor for my Sidewalk Series of photos, poems and artwork.

Have a Great Week!

6 comments:

  1. I can see the old man...cool. The Zinnia photo is beautiful...nice gentle texture to it and I love the white Zinnia's. I think it is interesting going through my picture folders at times...I need to clear out mine and put them on thumb drives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee,
      Would you believe I don't know what a thumb drive is. lol
      I guess its a thumbnail file thing.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Hena
      I hope you vacation is going well

      Delete
  3. Maywyn - these are gorgeous photos - love the old man in the clouds - I immediately spotted him...does that mean great minds think/see alike (LOL) - as for the zinnia - so beautiful...sadly I don't think I will have any of these bloom here in my garden this late summer (for some reason they failed to germinate or perhaps they drowned). Take care and have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debbie,
      Thank you. Yes, great minds do think alike. lol
      A wonderful week to you

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated