16 August 2013

Photography: The View

St Paul's Episcopal Church & Water Tower


On a hazy summer day, the city water tower reminds me of a castle. St Paul's Episcopal Church spires enhance the medieval atmosphere of the photograph. When I imagine the camera lens several feet above, then other buildings will be in view. Problem: I'm not going to climb on a roof or hire a crane to take that photo.
Solution: Observation
Sketching what buildings are the tallest, and using an online aerial picture, a sketch can be made to create a painting.

Vergennes Green




The Vergennes Green photo is taken from the back. Main Street, the presentation view, is on the other side of the McDonough Monument. This view allows the Green's more serene park atmosphere to shine.



7 comments:

  1. WoW the church soars above the the skyline...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee,
      I believe the church and the building across the street from it are the tallest in the city.

      Delete
  2. Lovely water tower, I wish they would build a few more medieval style big buildings today, they add so much to a skyline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny,
      I agree, more medieval buildings would be nice.
      There are several I'd chose from the UK.

      Delete
  3. Maywyn - these pictures are awesome - I especially love St John's in the fog. Catching up on your posts - I have fallen behind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops I meant St Paul's - sorry Maywyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debbie,
      St John's does sounds Medieval.:)

      I've fallen behind with my blog reading. Its easy to do when there are so many good blogs to read and discover.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated