08 May 2013

Northern Red Oak

Northern Red Oak Early May 2013
Plaque  on the Vergennes, Vermont Green
While having a coffee and biscuit on the Vergennes Green this morning, I look up to see the sun catching a delicate tint of red on what looks a maple with oak shaped leaves. Internet research can take time to identify a tree, bird or flower. Based on what I've found, I believe the tree is a Northern Red Oak. The flowers, the way they drape down is elegant and beautiful. The tree itself has a very charming growth pattern.
When I look up through and to the top of the tree, I see stories, characters, forests, magical challenges, the type that this artistic mind thrives on. As of late, I've been looking more at birds, flowers and trees than brushes and paint. This is good. This is also art...in the making.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh...my favorite thing to do is to look...really look at Gods creative works. I agree ..art in the making. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dee,
    Hope you are having a great week

    I took the time to stop, and chomp on a sausage biscuit, instead of going home. God shone the sun on the tree, and I saw the light. I've been by there so many times without noticing how beautiful the tree is until that morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maywyn - this is a lovely tree - we have pin oaks and white oaks I believe in our woods but none of this nature. Your posts are always so full of things to learn. Thanks for taking the time to do the research.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Debbie,
      I read Northern Red Oaks are planted in parks. If you can find one in your area, then I highly recommend taking a look. They are stunning this time of year.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated