08 April 2013

Allergy Season

For pollen count forecasts, www.weather.com  is the go to website for me because their forecast selections.
This year before nary a leaf unfolds in green, allergies are acting up almost like its day lilies blooming.
Feeling that stay in pajamas awful, teary, defeated/chicken soup time.

My (non medical professional) favorites for living with sneezing allergy dos and don'ts:
-Don't hang out tops, sweaters, coats, towels, and bed linens. There's no sense in bringing more pollen into the indoor air.
-A cough drop helps when out walking if allergens create a scratchy throat situation
-Wash hair every day to rinse out pollens
-Wash face and comb hair after being outdoors
-Install air conditioner early...warmer air,  where I hope the majority of pollen is, rises. The cooler air in the room is where I am.
-Garden with non-pollen bearing plants
-With a wet paper towel remove stamen of large pollen bearing plants (removes pollen source)
-Share pollen bearing plants, cut and give away a bouquet to people that don't have allergies

8 comments:

  1. I was SO bad this year (three sinus infections in as many months), that for the first time in about 7 years, I had to throw in the towel and go and get a Kenalog shot. Been clear ever since - love the Spring, but hate what comes with it. Happy Monday - it's INCREDIBLY windy in Vegas today. Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tanya,
    Sorry to read you have allergy problems.
    Thank you for the tip. I'll ask my doctor about Kenalog.


    Afrin Pure Sea gentle saline mist helps clear out my nasal passages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tips!! I've noticed I've developed some sort of allergy in the last couple of years...quite annoying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa,
      Thank you
      You bring up a good point, people can grow into allergies.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Hena

      I don't go anywhere without a cough drop and my keys.

      Delete
  5. Good tips...I have mold allergies...my eyes water and sting when I am outside near fields...ugh~ I do the cough drop...works :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dee,
    Sorry you have mold allergies. Its worse than hay fever because mold is year long.

    My reaction to mold is weird. My neck feels puffy, and then my ears and sinus.

    ReplyDelete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated