24 April 2013

A Parsley Omelet Moment

Ever hear your stomach growl because you've been on the computer without a morning meal?
How dizzy from hunger can one be before their face hits the keyboard?
Let me know if you do because I didn't go there.
The eggs have been out of the fridge since I made coffee a few hours ago. I was fiddling around with this and that changing passwords (regularly) and such. Where did the email feature go. Bookmarks. Page ends up on a pair of sandals at Amazon.com. I must pin them! Open Pinterest (several new ones in Shoes). Oh, then I remember I want to check something. Forgot password. More time clicking. A phone call later, the two places require separate registrations. Stomach still growling. I remember... I'm old. Tickets to stroke city not sold out...who would find me. Omelet time!
Parsley Omelet


I'm a huge fan of parsley.
(Parsley, Feta Cheese and Strawberry salad is my favorite meal.)

Today is day one of the new writing schedule. What did I do first thing before even turning on the computer? Take out notes? No. Take out current story? No. I set up my drawing board because I'm going to paint today. I forgot about the new schedule...or did !?

I didn't. What happen is what I call the procrastination bounce...bouncing around to this and that so its really not procrastination if one is doing something. For shame I say!

What to do in a situation like that, when the creative painter brain is eager to paint but the writing schedule says to write? Write.

See you tomorrow brushes. sigh

8 comments:

  1. I hope it was creatively wonderful, no matter HOW you spent the day! Happy Wednesday - Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tanya,
    I hope your day has been great as well.

    Mine took another turn after I was reminded of an project that's been put aside too many times. I listed one auction on eBay. Its exhausting, but easier as time goes by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seriously impaired with the same creative procrastination issue as you. I think you have to go with the one urging that is the strongest...if not you will not do anything.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dee,
      Good point

      I did,however, I did manage to be productive.
      Now I have to clean up the messes I made yesterday tearing things apart so I can write and/or paint today. lol

      Delete
  4. Dear Maywyn - I think I have the same disease - procrastination - do you think it strikes us creative souls? I would like to think is a symptom of being artists :)!! Now I am going to try an omelet with parsley...strawberries and feta cheese yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie,
    Love your blog post about journaling

    I think yes, it could be creative types procrastinate more than say, engineers do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Hi Helen,
      Parsley is my got to green vitamin source, amazing leafy things.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated