16 March 2013

Kodak ESP3250 Review

I do not recommend the Kodak printer ESP 3250.
Reasons:
1. The printer is designed by Kodak to use color ink when black ink only is selected. The color cartridge warning to reorder is showing when I rarely print in color.
2. Color will not print when the cartridge is low. It will use up color, but not print the images in the colors they are. Instead, pink and blue with white lines.
3. Will not print well, lines, light and/or missing text even when there is ink in the printer, as indicated by the Kodak program.
4. Both black and color cartridges must be in the printer or it won't work.

 Low ink means low ink, Not No Ink.
An Internet Search brings up an article about a class action lawsuit 2011. If I had known about the ink problem, then I would not have purchased the Kodak ESP 3250.

4 comments:

  1. Maywyn - thanks so much for the heads up...sorry about your endeavor...sometimes things are just more trouble than they are worth. Kind of you to share so I don't make the same mistake. God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,
    Thank you
    I like Kodak overall. Why anyone would design a printer to use up ink it doesn't have to is very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm..I have sometimes wondered about getting a printer to make cards of my paintings....I've done an Etsy forum search-just to see what was most used or liked. Seems Epson brands rate up at the top. It really stinks that you have such problems-any way to get your money back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra,
      Thanks for the tip on Epson. I'll check them out.

      Sadly, I bought my printer too long ago for a refund. I have an Lexmark, that also drinks ink, but isn't as thirsty as the Kodak.
      Hewlett Packard is a favorite printer for years. I'm going to give them another look.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated