07 March 2013

Desk Still Life

Do you remember elementary school when you had to put your head down on your desk to rest? Back in the 1950s school days, that was a normal part of the day. Perhaps you put your cheek to desk for a look around during a mini break? If you have, then think about painting what you've seen from that perspective.


Place a small mirror on your desk, and take eye level (and other) photographs. Stage your desk to create interest. If you like the close up pictures, then consider creating a series of photographs, drawings or paintings. Wouldn't it be fun being asked, "Where is that?"

6 comments:

  1. I like this idea VERY much - I actually got down on the floor with the dog, yesterday..not that he cooperated, but it was a fun angle. Happy creative Thursday - Tanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya,
      Happy Creative Thursday to you

      I love your blog about ribbons. The crafted cupcakes are spectacular.

      Delete
  2. Hi, It put a smile in my heart to find you as a new follower and that I am led to your blog which I find truly enjoyable. I will be back often to visit. Dee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Dee!
      Thank you for following
      I'm grateful I found your blog.

      Delete
  3. Dear Maywyn - I do remember having to put my head down to rest when I was in grade school - wish I could still do that after lunch (LOL) - good idea about perspective and what you see. Thanks for sharing and bringing back a wonderful memory of times gone by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie,
      Did you have to fold your hands as well?
      I remember the hand folding.
      When the winter sun pours through the window, resting on the table feels happy.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated