02 February 2013

Metal, Wood, and Steampunk


Most any old industrial wood and metal piece will capture my attention. About fourteen years ago this old factory dolly was found at a yard sale sitting on the ground among a pile of things. I wanted to buy all the metal and make something. But, I knew better. The will-make-something is yard saler code for: clutter. I bought a few things and the dolly. Over the years it has been very useful. Now, the wood and metal piece is the base of a coffee table. On top is a dented foot locker covered with old world map wallpaper that's been colored with various shades of brown to deepen the antique look.
The piece adds to my living room an essence of Steampunk, a style that I love. Presently, I'm exploring making Steampunk sculptures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated