08 January 2013

Painting Winter

Winter scenes are a one of the landscapes this artist loves.
A favorite painter of winter scenes by contrast are the cityscapes by the New York artist, Guy C. Wiggins (1883 - 1962).
On my wall for a long time I had a magazine cut out picture of one of my favorite Wiggins' paintings. As my memory fades, I question if that painting is the blizzard on 5th avenue, looking up 55th street, at 5th and 55th or Washington Square Park. Surely, since a winter cold has been experience by this artist, I think Washington Square Park should be the first choice, but the more I look at my brain images, the more I recollect the last time I was in New York City was on a very snowy December morning. If I win the lottery, then I could bid on one of Wiggins' paintings up for auction presently (Google image search).







What is outside your winter window?

4 comments:

  1. Dear Maywyn this photo is lovely. Our winter scenery is changing - we are having a Jan. thaw this week and I am actually seeing a bit of grass beneath my feet when I go for my daily walk. Have a great day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,

    I see the forecast here is also a bit of a thawing. January should be at least one month that's winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winterscapes are always so soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Hena,
    Thank you for posting
    Your comment is appreciated

    I hope the winter weather is being soothing for you.

    ReplyDelete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated