24 January 2013

Cold

24 January 7 AM Vergennes, Vermont


Brrr!
-9ºFahrenheit 
 


Sorry the picture isn't clear. The aluminum frame patio door is frozen shut, again. The photo on the left is taken through the window with zoom.

Be careful going outdoors. Bundle up.
Consider removing metal jewelry and piercings exposed to the air because metal freezes, and can cause frost nip (early stage of frostbite) or worse.

Think about what you eat for the cold as fuel to warm your body. Think carbs. Oatmeal. Pasta.
Be Safe.

6 comments:

  1. It's cold here too but I'm in Va. and not as cold as there. We got a tiny snow last night, more to come. Thanks for the info about the eating. You know I'd never thought of that. Love to you,Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana,
      Stay warm and safe

      I see a chance of light snow forecast for here. As long as it isn't ice, I'm all right with winter weather.

      Delete
  2. Dear Maywyn - Brr is right. It is cold here too but not that cold - Lots of Oatmeal and Pasta is necessary - stay warm and safe too my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,,
      Glad to report this morning at 6 AM the temperatures are warming up to 0ºF. lol

      I forgot to put the color washes out yesterday for Diana's Jack Frost patterns. I'll be doing that this morning before oatmeal.

      Delete
  3. Aww what a thoughful post. Here is -31 fahrenheit. Pretty cold , right?

    ♥Visit My Blog One Less Lonely Dancer♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Emma

      Wow! -31ºF!
      I'd never leave the house in that kind of cold.

      Delete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated