14 October 2012

Foliage Tour 2012

Yesterday's serendipity foliage tour to New York State via the Champlain Bridge, down Route 9, right on Route 74 to Schroon Lake is divine no matter what stage the foliage is at.
At the intersection of Route 9 and Route 74 is my all time favorite McDonald's in Ticonderoga, New York. 
I have no clue where my mind was because I didn't take a picture of my fav McD's. For the entire drive, the majority of photos are blurry because I was looking more than paying attention to the camera. Point, shoot, and hope pictures are good. I wouldn't change a minute of it. I had a lot of fun.




The foliage in many places is past peak. The air was crisp chilly apple picking sunny. I looked at the apples, but didn't think to buy any. I do have my little pie pumpkin.





 Driving up Lead Hill on Route 74, New York




Eagle Lake, New York

Route 74 goes over part of the lake. The small section is on the left going West. Kyakers were along the shore (not easy to capture pics driving along).








The view from Route 74 looking East over Ticonderoga, New York driving home. We stopped at the Wal-Mart at Ticonderoga not far from the McDonald's. I had no trouble finding things, great store.









Schroon Lake, New York near Word of Life






Atop the Champlain Bridge right about where the state line between New York and Vermont is.

I didn't think to open the window for a better view, but its fun to have the memory as is.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Maywyn - Looks like you had a gorgeous drive. Isn't this time of the year best. Missed your last two posts - so got caught up...great picture of the Moon and Venus in the morning sky. Always love seeing the dawn coming and the night leaving. As for your scary story - how strange is that? There are some things that remain a mystery and this sounds like one of them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,

    Catching up on reading myself. Love your post about the Autuman festival.

    ReplyDelete

Polite comments are welcome and appreciated